Top 25 essential wordpress plugins or Top 20 wordpress plugins or wordpress plugins have always been a topic of question for many bloggers using the wordpress platform. At this moment there are around 3550 wordpress plugins out of which you wouldn’t possibly use more than 40 at most. But which 40 plugins will you choose amongst these numerous plugins will depend on your blog’s nature and topic. However, there are a few plugins which are needed by almost every pro blogger. I know that such lists have been made by a number of bloggers before too but here I’m sharing a list which is much different from those existing ones. Here, I have taken into consideration a number of factors – importance, generality, usefulness, easy to use, functionality, etc. Besides, maybe this list is the first list of wordpress plugins which will all work with wordpress 2.7. So, if you are using wordpress 2.7, you can install these plugins with ease.
And lastly, I’ve given a very easy way to install these plugins one at a time. No need to download each and every plugin. Just read the instructions given at the bottom of this post and you will be able to install these plugins within 5 minutes.
Now, let’s have a look at the top 25 essential wordpress plugins:
- Adsense Manager: An Ad Manager which saves the codes of all your ad networks like Adsense, Adbrite, Commission Junction, CrispAds,
ShoppingAds, Yahoo! PN, WidgetBucks, Bidvertiser, or any HTML code. It is easy to use and adds an ad selector in your blog’s text editor. The ad codes can be easily called within posts or in template files.
- Akismet: WordPress’s spam protection plugin. Checks comments to your blog for spams.
- All in One SEO Pack: Adds options for customizing the title, meta description, meta keywords, etc. of your blog or posts or categories or tags pages for SEO.
- Feedburner FeedSmith: Redirects all your RSS subscribers and Links to your feed at feedburner thereby increasing your feedburner rss subscribers’ count.
- Get Recent Comments: Lists recent comments with fully customizable template.
- Google XML Sitemaps: Creates a dynamically created google compliant Sitemap of your blog. Any new post or page created will be automatically added into the sitemap. Good for SEO.
- MyAdManager: Ad manager for selling 125×125 adspaces in your blog with paypal payment form.
- My Page Order: Adds a drag and drop feature for arranging the order of pages in your blog.
- NextGEN Gallery: A highly advanced Gallery. User can add a number of galleries with images which can be easily viewed through its own slideshow widget and picture viewers.
- Plugin Central: A very useful plugin which can directly install any plugin provided its name or link to zip file is known.
- Revision Control: Limit or manage the revisions of your posts.
- runPHP: Allows the user to add a PHP code within the post and run it dynamically.
- Simple Tags: A complete solution for tag management with features like mass tag edit, auto tags, tag suggestion from yahoo, etc.
- Subscribe To Comments: Adds a check option for subscribing to comments in a every post.
- Top Commentators Widget: Displays the top commentators in your blog.
- Viper’s Video Quicktags: A very useful plugin for integrating youtube, googlevideo and many other video features to your blog.
- WordPress.com Stats: Displays your blog statistics from wordpress.com in real time.
- WordPress Automatic Upgrade: Allows automatic upgrade of your wordpress version.
- WordPress Database Backup: Back up your database and download the backup or configure it to send regular backups of your blog to your email.
- WordPress Thread Comment: Adds a feature of replying to comments made by other people.
- WP-PageNavi: Adds a page navigation to your wordpress blog.
- WP-Polls: Enables you to add polls to your post with WP-Polls.
- WP-PostRatings: Adds a star rating feature into your blog.
- WP Super Cache: Caches the posts and pages into static pages for faster loading.
- Yet Another Related Posts Plugin: Displays a number of posts related to a particular post/page.
[ad#300_250_ttz]Now, you have the list of the top 25 essential wordpress plugins but would you waste 5 minutes for installing each of these 25 plugins manually? No, you can install these plugins all at once with one easy step. To install the plugins at once, read How to install many plugins at once. After you have installed Plugin Central, copy and paste the following list of plugin names and urls in the specified field in plugin central’s options page and your installation of the above plugins will be completed within a few minutes.
All in One SEO Pack
Get Recent Comments
Google XML Sitemaps
My Page Order
Subscribe To Comments
Top Commentators Widget
Viper’s Video Quicktags
Wordpress Automatic Upgrade
WordPress Database Backup
Wordpress Thread Comment
WP Super Cache
Yet Another Related Posts Plugin